Location: Century City, Western Cape
Spur: Legal Officer Vacancy 2021
The Spur Corporation is a growing multi-brand restaurant franchisor, headquartered in Cape Town. The group currently has eight brands, namely, Spur Steak Ranches, Spur Grill & Go, Panarottis Pizza Pasta, John Dory’s Fish Grill Sushi, RocoMamas, The Hussar Grill, Casa Bella and Nikos Coalgrill Greek. In order to retain an exceptional talent pool, the group endeavours to create a great place to work, building a collaborative and innovative performance-based culture which enables each employee to thrive on his or her unique Spur Corporation journey.
Spur Corporation’s employees are passionate and purpose-driven people growing great brands. Through their dedicated service and talent, they offer support to the group’s endeavours and operational activities, offering an exceptional return on investment to all its shareholders. A career at Spur Corporation is an opportunity for an employee to nurture, learn, grow and realise their full potential.
- Have an LLB or equivalent degree
- Admission as Attorney / Advocate and subsequent experience in legal practice is advantageous.
- Must have a minimum of at least 2 years (post qualification) exposure to a legal practice or in-house legal department dealing primarily with general commercial work/drafting and vetting of a wide variety of contracts of the nature described above.
- A sound knowledge of legislation impacting the above business lines
- A LLM qualification will be advantageous.
- Experience in High Court Litigation and Intellectual Property will be advantageous
- Maintain confidentiality of all information both from internal and external sources